A leading design and manufacturing business in Norwich are looking to hire an Electronics Engineer with proven Hardware experience. You’ll join an experienced & established R&D team, taking full responsibility for the design of analogue & digital electronics as well as contributing to New Product Development and adding value to existing products.
A typical project starts with the research phase, followed by electronic design work, selection of components, schematic capture, circuit board design/layout, EMC performance optimisation, prototyping, hardware debugging, testing and finally commissioning the prototype to production. During the design phase, you’ll deal with analogue and digital elements with low noise considerations, modern FPGA’s, memory and microcontrollers.
* Design electronics hardware solutions
* Work with microcontrollers
* Write & prepare technical documentation
* Contribute with New Product designs
* Support in maintenance of existing products
* Product handover for production
In order for your application to be considered, you’ll need the following skills & experience:
* Degree or qualification in Electronics (or an equivalent subject)
* Hardware design experience, as an Electronic Engineer
* Analogue and high speed digital design skills
* Experience of schematic capture & PCB layout tools
* Able to debug hardware using oscilloscopes
* Knowledge with FPGA and microprocessor circuits
* Microcontroller firmware writing experience
* Hands on PCB experience and familiar with soldering techniques
* Ability to create quality cost effective hardware solutions
* Knowledge of USB, network and other communication circuits
* EMC testing experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established business who are growing steadily. Alongside an attractive salary and benefits package, is significant scope for personal & professional development, as well as being able to work on some high-tech products.
If you have the skills and experience required, submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.