Our client, a forward-thinking medical devices company in London, are currently seeking a Research Bioengineer to join their team.
They already have an existing product line which is innovative and scaling up, but they are also looking to expand their product offering through drug delivery and are keen to hire a talented bioengineer to further this ambition.
Research Bioengineer Responsibilities:
* Evaluate, develop and support the exploitation of existing and new intellectual property with a particular focus on drug-delivery devices
* Work closely with the Senior Leadership on developing a strategy & most appropriate route towards commercialisation and progress of the aforementioned intellectual property with the creation of innovative products / services.
* Work effectively with other functions within the business (including product, quality, engineering) along the innovation pathway, from conception of innovation through to its eventual commercialisation, adoption, and dissemination, where required.
* Undertake searching of published patent documents, and existing technology, in support of the assessment of the originality of proposed innovations and associated clinical or commercialisation potential.
* Ensure robust & well-established documentation is created and managed throughout the innovation / product development cycle, including but not limited to User Requirements, Technical Requirements, Design Reviews, Risk Assessments, Design History File, Design V&V, Design Specification, etc.
* Evaluate manufacturing options with the R&D team, to ensure the drug-delivery product is designed with manufacturability in mind. Align to product cost targets where appropriate
* Manage the development of CAD models and 2D technical drawings for any drug-delivery related product(s) designed
* Identify and establish key working relationships with external consultants and academic bodies for delivery of required solutions.
* Ensure that all personal ways of working are consistent with the values and culture expected within the business
* Regularly inform relevant stakeholders of progress with clear and consistent communication on solutions and projects, associated risks, risk mitigation and roadmap; manage scope change.
* Maintain a strong and current understanding of relevant new & existing comparable technologies and their application to our designs to help exceed customer, company and project needs
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
* Ideally extensive research experience in a field related to drug delivery
* Experience in design or product development engineering would be ideal
* Experience working in a lean, customer focused high volume manufacturing business
* The ability to stay highly organised and communicate clearly
* Be a curious self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind set
* Be adaptable and work well in a constantly changing environment
* Be highly driven and ambitious while working well as part of a team
In return, you will have the opportunity work for an exciting start up that is making a tangible impact in its sector. You will receive a highly competitive package and benefits package as part of this role.
If you’re interested in this position, or want further details then please don’t hesitate to contact Jamie at TEC Partners directly