Digital Solution Architect
Salary: Up to £75k + Package (Depending on Experience)
TEC Partners are working with a highly regarded, global name in the insurance industry who are looking for a Digital Solution Architect to play an important role in their current digital transformation. As a Solution Architect you will be accountable for creating end-to-end solutions for key initiatives, projects and feature teams for their Digital offering. The role holder will create, enable, deliver, and support end to end software/platform solutions for IT change. If you are an experienced Solution Architect with strong communication skills and a keen interest in emerging technology, then we want to hear from you!
The business are looking to transform the way in which they engage with their customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies is at the heart of their strategy. This role sits within the newly formed Global Digital Architecture team, and you will help design new innovative IT solutions for customer propositions that will disrupt the entire insurance industry. The majority of solutions will be deployed across the existing IT infrastructure, although infrastructure knowledge is desirable as some solutions may require new infrastructure (AWS Cloud).
The key responsibilities include:
* Work with stakeholders and other IT colleagues to gather a thorough understanding of requirements and articulate the impact of any proposed change on the IT software and infrastructure landscape.
* Construct solutions that deliver the desired objectives ensuring the agreed standards relating to the IT target architecture, IT service (availability, resilience, and performance) and security policies are met.
* Create IT solution artefacts using standard industry best practice (eg UML in EA Sparx) that are mapped to the business requirements/stories.
* Work within Agile Feature teams to ensure developers from various IT development areas create components that deliver your solution design.
* Present technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals enabling informed decisions to be made.
* Provide architectural guidance and support to the project team.
* Pro-actively work with the business stakeholders and IT colleagues to ensure delivery timelines are met.
What you’ll need:
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a varied stakeholder audience.
* Practical experience of delivering change in a fast-moving setting.
* Practical use of UML to document and communicate your solution designs.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines in challenging circumstances.
* Strong problem solving skills including the ability to collaborate with other teams to resolve issues.
* Strong written communication skills including the ability to construct options and impact statements.
* Amazon Web Service certification is desirable. If you are not certified, you will be expected to gain certification within six months of joining the team.
* Practical experience of developing software is desirable.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary depending on your skills and experience, along with a fantastic accompanying benefits package. This includes a generous defined contribution pension scheme, an annual performance related bonus and pay review, and discount on many of the company’s products (including discount for friends and family). What’s more you’ll get a generous holiday allowance, with the option to buy/sell additional days, and the possibility of a flexible work schedule.
If you are interested in this position, then please send your CV for immediate review.
Job Reference: NT-DSA_1528480825
Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + Package
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: