Job title: DevOps Engineer
Salary: Up to £70,000 p/a
We are working closely with one of Cambridge’s leading tech companies and assisting their search for an experienced DevOps professional. The ideal DevOps Engineer will have significant commercial experience coupled with extensive technical knowledge of a wide range of tools and systems.
DevOps Engineer – Technical Skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
– Deep technical knowledge of Linux (multiple distros), strong bash scriptnig skills and experience with command line tools (awk/sed/grep)
– Deep technical knowledge of cloud tech (AWS)
– Strong programming skills (Java / Ruby / Python)
– Strong Kubernetes skills, ideally with experience of converting VM architecture software to run in Kubernetes
– Skills with configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt) and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
– Deep technical knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL database.
DevOps Engineer – Duties and Responsibilities:
– The DevOps Engineer will have full ownership of software used to manage continuous production environments
– The DevOps Engineer will lead the conversion of infrastructure to run within a Kubernetes environment
– The DevOps Engnieer will support internal delivery and customer support teams to deply and maintain installations
– The DevOps Engnieer will develop and deplpy automation technologies and assist diagnosis of technical issues.
A full list of duties and responsibilities can be provided on application. This is a great opportunity to join an industry shaping business in the heart of Cambridge’s vibrant tech community.