Development Engineer – Cambridge
Having negotiated the last few months successfully, my client are now looking to expand their Engineering team with a talented Development Engineer. They work on a range of innovative and complex products, and their work is heavily grounded in New Product Development.
Development Engineer role:
This role will involve product and process development of high technology products and the ideal candidate will be able to transfer their skills across their product range. SolidWorks skills and sound mechanical design experience will be an essential part of this job, combined with the ability to produce robust and reproducible designs and drawings. Effective communication with Suppliers and Customers will also be important.
You will be central to the production and supply of product samples to customers for trials ahead of transfer into manufacturing – this will involve manufacturing samples on time and to spec, reporting test results to customers, and taking their feedback into consideration,
You will also be able to set up and maintain a suitable document control system for all mechanical drawings.
Development Engineer essential requirements:
* Degree educated in Engineering
* 3-5 years of Process/Product Development experience
* Experience of jig/tooling design
* Versatility to work effectively across the product range, both independently and as part of a small team
* Experience of design and development methodologies
* Strong CAD user (Solidworks ideally)
Development Engineer desirable requirements:
* Design for manufacture and assembly
* Experience in device / product development, from concept to manufacture
* Structured and methodical problem solving
* Excellent communications skills, including communicating to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
* Tolerance analysis for mass production
* Cleanroom process experience
* Good manual dexterity
* Attention to detail and an eye for product quality
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting high technology company that have an innovative product line, and this represents a chance to join at an exciting phase of product development. They offer very competitive salaries and have an excellent range of benefits on top of this. If you’re looking for a role like this, then get in touch with Jamie at TEC Partners Recruitment directly.