Desktop Support Technician
£15 per hour
9 month contract
As a Desktop Support Engineer you should have excellent communication skills, customer services attitude and very good technical skills in Microsoft and related end user technologies. You are proficient in ITIL principles (certified to foundation level at the minimum).
* To support the end user issues related to the Desktop environment.
* Detailed recording of incidents and work requests in the Service Management Tool, Service-Now (prior knowledge desirable).
* Desktop hardware and software installation.
* Remote support of PC’s / Wyse terminals using software.
* Liaising and communicating with relevant support teams to ensure efficient escalation and hand-off of service issues.
* Documentation of methods and techniques to improve overall team performance.
* Attaining and maintaining Key Performance Indicators and Service Level targets both personally and departmentally.
* Complete scheduled End User Compute tasks, checks and processes.
* Proactively updating documentation and transferring the knowledge to Service Desk.
* Support Windows 7/8/8.1 Desktops/Laptops and Wyse terminals
* Knowledge of Windows AD and GPO
* Knowledge of desktop virtualization (e.g. VMWare / VDI)
* Desktop package and deployment tools and technology (Altiris, SMS, etc…)
* Antivirus deployment
* End user support and troubleshooting
* Blackberry support
* MS Office Skills (MS Office 2013)
* Active Directory knowledge
* ITIL Foundation (v2 or v3) (Trained / Certified)
* Knowledge of root cause analysis, issue trending and learning pro
Please apply with your most recent CV for consideration