Recruiting a Design Engineer with experience working on Suspension, Hydraulic or Pneumatic design, for a leading automotive engineering business based in Thetford.
You’ll be involved in the concept and development of bespoke mechanical systems, playing a key part in the design life cycle, from initial conception, modelling and drafting of detailed components, right through to manufacturing & production. As such, you’ll need a strong understanding of both production and development methods; as well as a good understanding of Suspension systems.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Involved in the entire design lifecyle of bespoke suspension systems
* Conceptualisation & development of bespoke hydraulic/suspension systems
* Detailed design of structural components, including modelling
* Technical drawing of mechanisms and precision components
* Bill of Materials creation & sign-off
* Product Development
* Parts verification (FMEA, PPAP etc)
In order to be successful, you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications:
* Previous experience in a similar role or position, preferably from within the Automotive or Motorsport sector
* Engineering degree or equivalent qualification (Motorsport Engineering degree highly desirable)
* Experience using Siemans NX or similar computer aided 3D interactive applications
* Product development skills
* Failure Mode & Effects Analysis and Production Part Approval Process experience
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, but more importantly; the opportunity to work for a leading business who reward hard work and commitment with exceptional career develop opportunities.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills & experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.