An established design & manufacturing business in Thetford are looking to hire a Design Engineer for their Design Team. This is 360 design role that will see you involved in the entire product life cycle, including everyting from initial conception, prototyping and supporting with the manufacturing & production process.
* Revise and design concepts and draughts, understanding and adapting them into a product that can be manufactured.
* Analyse designs, looking for opportunities to be more efficient and cost effective.
* Liaise with the wider business to ensure design ideas meet requirements
* Create and produce high quality technical drawings, to production level.
* Lead New Product Development, looking at new products and manufacturing processes
* Create and design various parts, assemblies, technical drawings and BOM’s
* Outline costs of products for quotes and contracts.
* Work closely with suppliers
* Assist in prototype work
In order for your application to be successful, you will need the following skills and experience:
* Experience using SolidWorks, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
* Experience working with a wide range of materials (wood, panel components, structural metal fabrication and sheet metal).
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Experience of costing, pricing and operational delivery constraints
* Hands on, able to support prototype builds
* Confident problem-solver
* Able to multitask & manage a variety of different projects
This is an awesome opportunity to join a business who not only value and look after their staff, but who are also growing steadily. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes things like your birthday off work, social events and quarterly staff recognition incentives.
If you like the sound of this and have the skills and experience required, apply with a copy of your CV straight away!