£DOE (plus 15% Bonus) – what do you require?
TEC Partners are working exclusively with one of the top Digital Healthcare companies in Cambridge, who specialise in Genomic Data. We are looking to add an experienced Data Architect, up to Principal level, to ensure large volumes of scientific and clinical data are available for client innovation teams to gain insights. You will be responsible for guiding engineers, reviewing work and driving development processes and tooling; whilst making an impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases.
Specific Tasks will include, but not limited to:
* Act as a bridge between software development and technical operations
* Carrying out investigations on production to understand performance loading
* Carrying out benchmarking and performance engineering to understand system performance and maintain specific service level objectives
* Assisting or coding features in particularly performance critical areas
* Assist in design and implementation of logical and physical data model ensuring it will comply with system functional and performance requirements
* Develop automation tools using appropriate languages e.g. Ansible, bash, packer etc.
* Propose and advise on database maintenance operations as needed
* Write Standard Operating Procedures, and to refine and develop standards where necessary
* Implement database software installations, upgrades, and patches
* Be attentive and look to pro-actively detect and fix problems
What skills, experience and qualification do you need to succeed in this role?
* Relevant work experience in a Data Architect / Database Developer / DBA / DevOps role
Skills and Experiences:
* Knowledge of PostgreSQL RDBMS
* Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), both on premise and cloud solutions
* Understand RDBMS Concepts such as ACID, Normalisation, Referential Integrity
* Expert in RDBMS Programming Languages: SQL, PL/pgSQL, & PostgreSQL internals
* RDBMS High Availability technologies: Hot Standby, Failover Clusters
* Implement Database Tuning, understand SQL explain plans, column statistics, indexing strategies and locking models
* Ability to develop creative solutions to big data problems
* Evidence of a systematic, evidence-based approach to database troubleshooting and tuning
* Evidence of well written SQL and PL/PGSQL
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python)
* Exposure to cloud services (e.g. AWS)
* Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
* Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
* Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
* Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
* Professional appearance and able to produce high standards of work
An Added Bonus:
* Write and review Python or Perl programs using Object-Relational Mapping packages (e.g DBIx, SQLAlchemy)
* Data indexing and searching (e.g. ElasticSearch / Lucene, Solr, Xapian)
* RDBMS High Data Load technologies: Sharding, Distributed Databases (Postgres-XL, Oracle RAC)
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* Understand Data Warehouse concepts; Fact & Dimension tables, ETL
* Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop)
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company who are making a difference, then please contact Harry Calvert at TEC Partners and apply now!