A leading Electrical Engineering business in Norwich are looking to hire a Commissioning Engineer, with a experience of testing / commissioning PLC / HMI / SCADA systems. This is a customer facing role that requires a hands-on Engineer to install, commission and validate electrical products. You’ll be required to travel & work on-site, in addition to close customer liaison.
Responsibilities will include:
* Undertake site installation, commissioning, training, hand-over, start-up and repair / diagnostic activities.
* Satisfy project needs and communicate commercial, technical, functional, safety & quality matters.
* Review relevant documentation in the ‘Commissioning Pack’
* Complete relevant documentation in line with procedures and requirements of the Project. Complete test certificates, as commissioned documentation and fault sheets relating to each contract.
* Ensure Testing (such as SAT) are undertaken diligently, safely and in accordance with procedures and schedules.
* Investigate noncompliance and repair (if possible), or arrange for faults to be corrected by relevant departments.
* Update work planner regarding progress.
* Ensure the site, equipment and vehicles are clean, maintained and orderly. In particular, ensure that test equipment, tools, apparatus and cabling do not present a hazard.
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
In order for your application to be considered, you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Experience testing / commissioning of PLC / HMI / SCADA systems, including an understanding of PLC / HMI / SCADA testing techniques and methods.
* Ability to understand electrical drawings
* excellent fault diagnostic skills.
* Hands-on craft skills.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* Educated to a minimum of an ONC in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
In return you’ll join a busy and growing company who reward hard work with career development and progression. Alongside a salary of between £35,000 – £40,000 is a competitive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience required and would like to be considered, please submit a copy of your CV straight away.