CNC 5 Axis Programmer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client for a skilled CNC 5 Axis Programmer. They are a well-known Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require a CNC 5 Axis Millers – Programmer/setter/operator, to programme, set and operate 5 Axis CNC Machinery to produce bespoke components.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings, setting and operating from scratch using Autodesk PowerMill, selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery. Experience in machining plastics would be preferred but not essential.
We are looking for a 5 Axis CNC Programmer with the following skills:
* Previous knowledge of CNC machining.
* Previous experience using 5 Axis CAM software, preferably Autodesk PowerMill.
* Must be able to Set, and operate the machines.
* CAD knowledge in order to independently design work holding fixtures and inserts.
* Have a good understanding of engineering drawings.
* Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do attitude.
* Knowledge / previous experience on both Fanuc and Heidenhain controllers would be preferred.
The benefits of working for this company are:
* They offer competitive rates of pay.
* They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
* Career progression with a growing business.
* Availability for overtime
* Fantastic atmosphere and management with a healthy attitude towards work
Please apply or contact Ben on 01603 629 499 for more information and other CNC Machinist / programmer / setter roles similar to this in Colchester and Essex.