Following a change in the team, a growing manufacturing business in Thetford now require the skill & expertise of an experienced Buyer.
Working as part of the procurement team, your role will be to identify and develop various procurement channels and suppliers for both goods, materials and services for the business.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Drive cost-saving methods through effective supplier negotiations, ensuring areas for improvement are identified and supplier relationships are maintained.
* Ensure suppliers deliver on time and that all relevant targets are met
* Develop supplier capabilities by adapting lean manufacturing methodologies and processes
* Manage stock levels
* Process Purchase Orders
* Manage the company database
* Report on supplier performances and resolve issues as and when needed
* Develop & sustain strong relationships with internal managers and colleagues
* Provide support to both the production & manufacturing departments
To be successful in your application, you will need the following skills, experience and qualifications:
* HND/HNC in Engineering or relevant
* CIPS qualified, or studying towards
* 3-5 years experience in an Buyer and/or Procurement role
* Experience working within a manufacturing/engineering/production business
* Good Excel skills
* Confident communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to go out and meet potential suppliers, agree terms and draft contracts
In return you’ll receive an attractive salary & benefits package, along with plenty of career development and progression opportunities.
If you have the skills and experience required and would like to be considered, please submit a copy of your CV straight away.