Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £450 – £550 (Depending on experience)
Contract Duration: 3 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer with strong Big Data, Hadoop and DBA skills to join the games studio of a world leading organisation. The role will be critical in the implementation of the studio’s next generation of customer-facing privacy, preference and personal information management. If you have strong experience with Hadoop (HDInsight) and Azure, along with a deep knowledge of Hive, then we want to hear from you!
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Data inventory listing, mapping and classification.
* Architecture of a data governance solution involving metadata, procedures and pipelines to support privacy/security requirements.
* Implementation of specific procedures in support of above architecture.
* Implementation of retention policies across various types of data and storage.
* Automated testing and quality assurance of architecture, assets & process.
* Productionize, monitor & optimize above solutions.
* Production of clear documentation.
* Coordinate work and assets across teams and disciplined to secure integration, scalability & sustainability.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experience:
* A minimum 3 years of relevant experience with Hadoop (HDInsight) and Azure.
* 5 years of Programming experience, preferably .net.
* Deep knowledge of Hive.
* Sound DBA skills, highly proficient in SQL.
* Demonstrated experience with data infrastructure design.
* Self-starter who can effectively manage time and work load.
* Effective prioritization with strong focus on outcomes.
* A team player who can communicate effectively with other engineers and analysts.
Nice to haves:
* Experience with privacy and data governance solutions
* Familiarity with Azure Data Factory
This is an opportunity to work for a thriving games studio owned by a global giant, and on an exciting project too. If you have a strong selection of the above skills then get in touch right away to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.