Big Data Engineer
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £450 – £480
Duration: 6 Months Initial
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an experienced Big Data Engineer with strong experience with Hive and Azure (Data Factory, HDInsight, Databricks) to join the games studio of a world leading organisation. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Big Data Engineer to join a fantastic organisation and play a large role in designing solutions, working with advanced technologies with large and diverse datasets supporting some very interesting analytic use cases.
Do you have strong Big Data/Hadoop skills? Are you experienced with data services within Azure? Are you ready to tackle a variety of challenges around data structuring and transformation? Please get in touch to find out more!
* Design, implementation and test for a range of data pipelines, applying structure to unstructured data and carrying out various transformations
* Configuration and set up of specific data services within Azure, to ensure suitability and alignment with the rest of the stack.
* Documentation of architecture and data flows, ensuring a clear, maintainable stack going forward
* Responsibility for compliance with organizational policies and privacy requirements
Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience with Hive and SQL
* Strong experience with relevant Azure technologies – Azure Data Factory, HDInsight, Databricks
* Excellent communication skills – ability to explain complex ideas
* Demonstrated experience with data infrastructure design
* Self-starter and team player
This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving and innovative studio in the computer games industry, owned by one of the biggest tech giants out there. As a Big Data Engineer you’ll tackle a whole host of challenges and solutions using the best industry technologies. All in a fantastic team with a great culture and environment second to none. If you are an experienced Big Data Engineer with a strong selection of the relevant skills, looking for an exciting new project, then get in touch right away to avoid missing out!
If you are interested in the position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.