Android Software Engineer (Embedded)
Our client is an exciting early stage start-up that designs and manufactures products looking to revolutionise the medical industry. After receiving considerable financial investment this business is looking to build state of the art software to interact with the physical product they develop. They are now seeking a Lead Android Engineer to join the existing Android team who are working on an embedded tablet application. The engineer our client is looking for will have strong team working skills and will play a leading role in an exciting project.
This role will be responsible for developing code for controlling the Company’s Cloud connected instruments. This will include:
* Design, Implementation and maintenance of Android software for embedded systems
* Working with a small team that includes other engineers and scientists
* Develop and improve the current software
* Android App development experience in Java using Android Studio
* An understanding of Operating System architectures such as Embedded Linux/Embedded Android and experience with writing love level device drivers/services/daemons
* TDD or Software testing experience
* Experience using data interchange formats
* Experience of commercial off the shelf generic software product development
* IoT or Embedded Systems product development experience
* Experience programming Microcontrollers
* Database development experience
* Experience of continuous development software life cycle models
* Software testing and managing continuous integration systems
* Experience of regulated development environment
Benefits include share package, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days’ holiday and access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes. Plus, flexible hours and all the IT resources you need to do your best.
This is an opportunity to join a firm at the cutting edge of medical science. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as interviews are underway.