3D Artist (Environment/Level Art)
Location: Twycross (Leicestershire)
Day Rate: £150
Contract Duration: 12 Months
TEC Partners are currently recruiting for an Environment/Level Artist to join a big-name client of ours in the gaming industry. Reporting to the Lead Level Artist, you will be responsible for the creative design and technical implementation of their game worlds. You will have a varied and challenging role in their game’s development, maximising quality and efficiency. If you are an Environment or Level Artist with several years’ experience looking for your next challenge, then we want to hear from you!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Working closely with the Level Lead to define and build vast, scalable, open-world environments.
* Iterate and improve the look and feel of pre-existing environments, improving player experience.
* Take art and design requirements and provide creative solutions to challenging briefs.
* Maintain quality control of the work you create.
* Deliver work on schedule and within technical specifications.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following skills/experiences:
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as a 3D Artist specialising in Environment or Level Art.
* Excellent design and compositional skills.
* Experience in world or level building in one or more current generation engines/modelling tools (UE4, Unity, CryEngine, 3DS Max, Maya etc.).
* Good problem-solving skills with the ability to suggest creative solutions.
* Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
* Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills, art styles.
* Have shipped several AAA Console/PC titles as a Level/Environment Artist.
* Able to take and interpret direction and criticism.
* Proactive, organised, able to work as part of a team and independently.
* Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
* A love of stylised artwork/games.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving team, in a fantastic working environment, and work on large and exciting projects with a big name in the games industry. This is a name you will want on your CV!
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for immediate review.
Job Reference: NT-ENV_1532457661
Salary: Up to £150 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: